English‎ > ‎

Financial Aid

       ・If you have a plan to use the VA Benefits including GI Bill, please note the followings. 
        1. Please check your eligibility on the VA site for the financial aid designed for veterans and their family members.
         VA Benefits
        2. You are responsible for initiating the application process for the benefits.  ICU helps you completing the documentation on your request.
        3. VA requires users to submit a certificate of enrollment of ICU at the time of application for the benefit.  
        The certificate of enrollment is available after you come to ICU, Tokyo and register for the undergraduate courses.  

        4.  VA users are to receive the payment directly from VA in order to pay the tuition to ICU.  The tuition of ICU must be paid in Japanese yen only 
        at the designated amount. 

        5. VA sends the designated amount of the tuition in US dollars to the university if the payment should be made to the university.  ICU shall transfer the
        received amount in Japanese yen to you to ask you to pay the tuition and facilities fee to the university at the designated amount in Japanese yen.  

        The VA policy in regard to the fluctuation in the exchange rate is:

        'If an underpayment was created based on the exchange rate, the amount due to the school is the responsibility of the student.

        If an overpayment was created based on the exchange rate, you(the university) would refund the amount directly to the student.'