Home‎ > ‎Campus Life‎ > ‎


Personal Accident Insurance for Students Pursuing Education and Research
(学生教育研究災害傷害保険:Gakusei Kyoiku Kenkyu Saigai Shogai Hoken)
ICU offers the insurance provided by Japan Educational Exchange and Services (JEES).  This insurance is provided to all students in the event of unexpected accident during their eduational and research activities while at the university.  Illnesss are not covered by this insurance. Coverage is valid until graduation or until the student finishes his/her studies at ICU.
For further information on the terminology used, please read the "Handbook for Enrollment" of this insurance available on the JEES website.   (http://www.jees.or.jp/gakkensai/index.htm)
Types of Claim Payable: Death Benefits, Disability Benefits, Medical Benefits, Hospital Stay Benefits
<Procedure to file a claim>
If you are injured during educational and reseach activities, contact the Student Affairs Group. (1st Floor, Administration Bldg., Tel.3070)
National Health Insurance (国民健康保険: Kokumin Kenko Hoken
All non-Japanese students must join the National Health Insurance Program*(国民健康保険: Kokumin Kenko Hoken) instituted by the Government of Japan. Approximately 70% of your medical expenses will be covered by the Insurance. For more information, please go to Mitaka website. (http://www.city.mitaka.tokyo.jp/foreign/english/003/006.html)
For students living in a city/ward other than Mitaka, please visit the city/ward webpage for more information.


For Japanese Students:
 [FY2014~] Gakkensai Futai Gakusei Seikatsu Sogo Hoken(学研災付帯学生生活保険)

For Non-Japanese Students: Comprehensive Insurance for Students Lives Coupled with PAS for International Student (インバウンド付帯学総: Inbound Futai Gakuso)

For details of the insurance, please contact: ICU Service Co.Ltd.